Tuesday 10 April 2018

I am not sure spring has realised it is meant to turn up!

After an unexpected day presented itself, Anna and I headed off to West Runton having checked the tides for an impromptu fossil hunting session. I can only say, despite being April, that it was freezing and we battled through in the fog. Pickings were slim, although we did find a couple of sea urchin gems embedded into a very large flint. Hard to believe these things are millions of years old!  Sadly too big to carry home, a shame as they would have looked great on the mantelpiece! Anna was lovely company this morning, despite the odd grumble about wet feet (neurotic child) and the cold. We snuck off to Cromer after for a warming hot chocolate, some chips and a trip to the arcade. What more could a bloke ask for when I should have been working. A bit of spring sunshine would not have gone amiss! Never mind, unexpected quality time with my own little urchin is not to be missed...

No comments: