Monday 23 April 2018

Something special to share with my girls...

I recently read a very moving and emotional article from a female local journalist about the bond she shared with her dad at Carrow Road whilst watching the football. Having lost her dad recently and quite early in life, this resonated more with her and she shared some of the great memories they had together.  This got me thinking about the time I share with the girls. I love my football and have shared some great memories already at Carrow Road with Anna mostly and at Wembley on that wonderful promotion day. Until recently, if I blatantly honest I viewed my fortnightly trip to the footy as my time, my peace and quiet with twenty seven thousand other people and shared memories with friends. I think I may have changed my mind a bit, so have gone out and bought the girls a season ticket to share. The more I considered it, the more I realised how much I could share and enjoy with the girls, I could be a proper football dad and try and explain the offside rule and discuss players and tactics. Anna is already bonkers about football and would come every week, I may have some persuading to do to install this passion in Lucy. She may have even agreed to come, just to spend time with me and that, if the reason is alright with me. The three of us went to the game last week and had a great time and both girls got very animated. One day, you never know, the girls might write an article after I am gone about their love for coming to the footy with their dad and how much it meant to them. One day and it would mean the world to me....

No comments: