Saturday 14 April 2018

Anna's gone all Mary Berry on us!

I tell you, I go away for three days and daughter number two has undergone a dramatic transformation! Amidst all the grunts of disapproval, there may just be a culinary genius in there. Whilst on my travels, with Amy's assistance, Anna managed to knock off her first cake, a curry and flat bread. Not bad at all. I did not have the privilege of the curry, but my piece of cake this morning was simply delicious. Lucy helped with a shepherds pie, which I am told was also very tasty. I have never know such child dedication in the kitchen! Stuck in a traffic jam on Thursday, phoning my family, I could hear the levels of industrious behaviour, clearing the kitchen and washing up with a slight level of enthusiasm. Good to see Amy and the girls enjoying each others company (in the nearly finished new kitchen - saga continues) and sharing passion for food. Shame I was not to share in this nice family moment. The new layout in the kitchen, has changed a bit of a dynamic in our house, with us all gravitating to the bar stools to spend time with each other (I do add whilst Amy mostly does the cooking) - maybe the vultures are circling!

No comments: