Tuesday 21 August 2018

Already whizzed by...

The internet and computing does frustrate the hell out of me at times, whilst away I was unable to get access, so hence no blogs. I have to say I am so chilled I am horizontal and it was a fabulous family holiday in Corfu. We all have sunbathed, eaten, chilled, read books, shopped for tat and generally lazed around for two weeks. Just what was needed! The two weeks was not without comedy or a little drama, with Lucy falling down a hole in the side of the road on day one and hurting herself and Anna having a twelve stone lump of a child land on her head and neck in the pool on the last day, resulting in x-rays and being checked over!! Both are fine and with pride being the most grievous injury. The people of Corfu were lovely and we had a great hotel. The town we stayed in made Great Yarmouth look like the 'riviera' with no rubbish collections having happened for months due to a strike and enough tat shops all selling the same thing to test ones patience. Needless to say, the girls loved the shops and spent shed loads on rubbish.  For me it gave me the opportunity for peace and quiet and time with my family and it did not disappoint in any way. I even read four books! Favourite memories would have to be the size of the ice creams (never seen the like and probably never will again), Lucy and I getting told off by a very angry Greek man for climbing a church bell tower, having a coffee next to an inflatable flamingo, the lovely hotel staff, getting a lie in and being with my three girls. We are home now and reality has most definitely kicked in as I am back to work tomorrow. I am skint, grateful for this time together and already being pressured to book next years holiday. I would not want it any other way! Some worries to come back to with Grandma quite poorly now and Joan unwell after an untimely stroke the day before we left to go away. If I am honest, I have carried these worries with me to Corfu, but having skirted closely to cancelling the holiday, am so glad we went, as they were still there when I got back..

No comments: