Friday 3 August 2018

Eyes on the prize and keep going....

Yesterday was a grind if I am honest. I celebrated, if you can call it that, my forty fourth birthday working and on my tod in a hotel room. I really did miss Amy and the girls, and felt a bit deflated and glum. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though. Finish my days work today and the most exciting reward awaits me. EIGHTEEN straight days off with my girls and two weeks in Corfu. A couple more hours to go, survive the drive home in this heat from the midlands, knock off all the last phone calls in the car and let the holidays begin in earnest. Work life balance has changed so much in the last few years, I am envisioning a relatively disrupted time off without many work commitments and time with my family to be cherished. Looking forward to creating memories with team Hammond again in the coming weeks. The smile on Mrs Hammond's face almost indicates that she knows something I don't and by the looks of it, it could be fun! Getting very excited now! Just need to drug Amy up with enough diazepam to sink a Rhino, get her through the flight and then good times to be had by all.....

No comments: