Tuesday 20 November 2018

Directing that tenacious attitude....

My world is full of very forthright women, although this week Joan finally moved in and is settling in and provides calm in the ever constant storm I live with! Anna is full of arguments, attempts to assert herself and an ever bubbling undercurrent of grit and determination to be in control. I think we may have found an outlet for this and that is keeping goal on the football field. Without any training and coaching as yet in respect of this, she is showing some real talent and attacks this role with a 'no fear' attitude. Her performances get better and better each time I watch her. On Monday evening she was selected for the Kings Lynn academy in this position after a successful trial. One fiery girl amongst all those boys, very proud dad! The only girl I might add! Tenacious women is the order of the week and with a heavy heart I have organised for Grandma to go into a nursing home for what looks like the last couple of months of her life. That determination and independence that has served her so well  and got her this far, is now hampering her. She finds it exceptionally difficult to accept and ask for help, and at a time when she most needs it. She looks to me to assist and lead on things to ensure her wishes are carried through, and then resists me helping or does not heed my advice. It's so heart breaking to see her loose control and independence and I want only for her to receive the best care possible at this time. I am finding it so hard to watch her in so much pain and not take what I see as the sound decision to have more pain meds. We all want control and complete involvement in the choices and key decisions in our lives, whether we are ten like Anna or in our eighties. I am not sure 2018 has finished with me as yet in its challenges and hurdles to overcome or the tenacious and obstinate women in my life!!!!

No comments: