Thursday 8 November 2018

It follows me everywhere that damn flamingo!

We're in the new house!!!! After weeks of packing, lugging, boxes and more boxes, the house sale went through and we are already half unpacked! The space is amazing and I think there is a possibility we are going to need more stuff! Amy has already begun mission sort the house and quite a few initial purchases. Anna has come up with an ingenious idea of using the holiday inflatable flamingo as a bedroom chair and I have to say she looks very comfortable indeed sitting in it! (might need to help her with a bit more puff as the flamingo is a bit droopy!) I can finally breath and I can feel the tension subsiding of the stress of the last few months. Things have weighed heavy on my mind; things are getting sorted and we are now on the final push in getting ready for Joan to come and live with us in a week or so. I am really excited and just a little bit proud of what we are doing. Anna is settled into her new school, Lucy started hers today and on the whole it went well. We will just gloss over the cock up with her bus pass that left her standing in the cold at the end of the day for a couple of hours whilst we rushed to collect her! All sorted now. I have to say I think I was more worried and nervous than she was. I have been fretting for days as to how today would go and a million and one questions going around my head. Will she have the confidence to make new friends? Will she settle and keep up her  high standards she was achieving at Fakenham. I spent most of today thinking of her and wanting to call her. Day one done now and she can go into tomorrow with more a sense of familiarity. We have a new family home and I have to say despite the sadness of leaving Fakenham, I could not be happier. Now to finish unpacking and get rid of those boxes! 

No comments: