Thursday 10 January 2019

Powered by 'Hammond!'

I am proud to sponsor Anna's football team. They are a good bunch of kids who work hard and are really starting to gel as a team. They play for and look after each other during the games. On Sunday last week, a 5-3 victory was achieved against a competitive and aggressive team (and that was just the parents!), which I won't name as we do not live that far away! Anna and her friends prevailed coming back from set backs and disappointments throughout the game and played the best football I have seen to date from them. You could say its a victory powered by 'Hammond' and perhaps the sponsorship is what has tipped the balance?!? Now football means a great deal to Anna and being part of her team is so very important to her. I was very touched as we got in the car after the match and she dedicated the victory to her Grandma. Auntie always asked me how Anna had got on in her games each week and took a real interest. Football and sport was not her thing, but some of my earliest memories were of her cheering me on in the freezing cold at rugby matches. She would always support us in everything we did. That's definitely a victory for you Grandma, hope you enjoyed it from your lofty position with the best seat in the house! Oh by the way, is it possible you could actually smile for a photo Anna?!?

No comments: