Monday 31 December 2018

Sleep well and thank you...

Early morning around 5.30am on the 29th December I finally got the call I had been dreading for weeks. Auntie passed away peacefully in her sleep. Now time for her to take a well earned rest after years as the head of our family and believe me I am sure it was no picnic bringing all those children and taking them into adult life! At the moment I have a heavy heart and am filled with sadness, but I am sure in the coming weeks and months this will turn to pride and joy and I will be able to focus on the lovely memories I have of her. She was the closest thing I had to a mother, after all. She was one of the two people who quite simply changed the course of my life as a baby and everything that has happened after. There is still lots to do to sort out her affairs and my main priority is to organise her a fitting send off that reflects a life so very well led. I already miss her terribly and the simple act of not being able to speak to her is very upsetting. I will always talk to her, always ask her what she thinks about something and she will always be with me in everything I do. Thank you once again Auntie for the life I am leading, I love it and it's all because you took me in. I have been so overwhelmed by the messages I have received in the last few days. So many people loved her, as I did. It simply shows how this amazing woman touched so many lives. Rest in peace xx

No comments: