Monday 18 March 2019

Learning what might be good for me.....

Recently I have struggled. I have to admit this and keep trying to change this set of circumstances. Lots of things in my life carry real responsibility and I take these very seriously indeed. My job, my role as a parent and my duty to support Grandma at the end of her life. I am still grieving and finding day to day life extremely difficult indeed. Adding anymore responsibility just feels like a tipping point too far. Amy believes differently, Amy believes I need a dog in my life to support me to find myself again. We have fought, quite horribly about this over the last couple of months, with me fretting and becoming very anxious about coping with anything else. Having thought through what she has said, she may be right. Meet Meg. Meg came to visit us yesterday with her owner, who is now getting to the stage where she will not be able to handle such a lively and young dog. The plan is Meg to come to us early school holidays. She is a proper dog (no disrespect Inky - still miss you, lovely soul that you were), she stays close off the lead, does as she's asked, loves playing with a ball. I loved spending time with her and she maybe just what I need to bring myself and life back on track. I need something or someone to help me relax and release the heavy weight of responsibility I still feel. I felt free, unburdened and a bit of spark returned that I has not been in me for over a year. I was quite sad when she left and overcome a bit. Family is everything to me and although I feel frightened and apprehensive, I am truly starting to look forward to Meg coming to us and becoming part of our family. Secretly, I want her to take her primary shine to me and we can build that bond I think I need to help me come out of feeling very lost at times.

No comments: