Saturday 9 March 2019

Oh what a night!

Loved Anna's company last night at the game. We cheered, chanted, jumped, shared some chips and hot chocolate, talked footy and spent some great time together. It chucked it down and it just didn't matter as I was with my girl. The fact that we won to stay top of the league was a bonus too! I must say that we were not treated to the best of games, but we were treated to a screamer of a winning goal that cued much delirium and a chorus of 'On the ball city!' I am slowly starting to feel a bit like myself again, having had several months of struggling. I felt the need to be alone with my own thoughts after Grandma died, not really motivated to do much or be with others, even the ones I love so dearly;  and now that wish to enjoy experiences is slowly coming back. I really treasured last night. Football may not be for everybody, but for me it is an experience of emotions, exhilaration, tension and excitement. Made all the better for sharing it with someone I love. What can be better than seeing Anna in a hat again as well. Love the hats Wiggle, you know I do!

No comments: