Sunday 7 April 2019

Let the holidays begin and boy does everybody need it!!!

With reflection and real honesty, this term has been so very hard to get through for us as a family, with loosing Grandma and then having to move so quickly into a space of getting back into normal life, it has been tough. Everybody is ready for a break, some time to recharge their batteries. Amy and I are run down, full of cold and a bit battered! Anna, if you look at the picture seems to have completely lost herself! Although she's never been quite right! I am not prepared to post a picture of myself, as the bags under the bags under my eyes are not that endearing! Lucy is so very resilient and quite remarkable. Her end of term parents evening was astonishing and she is doing so very well at school, despite all the significant changes in her life in recent months. Quite amazing really, she truly is very stoic and just keeps going. Very proud of her indeed. So the family Hammond enters a period of lie ins, chilling out, resting, long walks with Meg (who arrives today), catching up with friends and a couple of weeks of rebuilding. All accept me sadly ,as I need to keep going with work projects until Easter, but give me another week and a half and I will be in the hammock in the Easter sunshine! Fingers crossed...

No comments: