Tuesday 9 April 2019

Should I evoke my parental right to embarass a teenager?

The girls, especially Lucy are becoming much more self sufficient and there most definitely is a wish to spend less time with their embarrassing parents! This got me thinking; if, in the mind of a teenager, I am the embarrassing father, then why don't I earn this reputation rather than gaining it by default. It would be good sport. After all I get huffed and puffed at every time I ask my eldest daughter to do a simple task. So I will put my mind to a few ideas to get things going. Drama number one is most definitely having her picture taken by her dad. Despite the fact in her Instagram life she takes hoards of selfies!?! Drama number two I am quite enjoying, in the 'come on, you wanted another dog - lets go for a walk'! Oh the pain, the hilarious and very real pain that I had asked daughter number one to take some exercise, get some fresh air and move away from the digital world! It really is quite fun. As I start to gently mock the girl whose sarcasm levels often move up to level five or above, it becomes very clear she can dish it out, but not necessarily take it!! I think I may just think on this for a few more days and take that complex decision as to whether I evoke that secret parental article in unwritten law of 'the right embarrass your teenager'. It could be just a little fun! Watch out Looby Chick...

No comments: