Sunday 21 April 2019

Thanks heavens for the abscess on my butt!!

It has been a cracking Easter weekend with beautiful weather where I have been able to scare the local community with my legs for the first time this year! We have sun worshipped, eaten a barbecue feast (I might have the meat sweats as we speak!), spent lovely time with friends and I even prevailed in the 'children v's old gits' footy match against Anna and her friend with an 8-7 victory. The biggest challenge of the weekend was a visit to 'Go Ape' tree climbing as a family. Hindered by me fear of heights when having nothing firm under my feet and the horrible newly emerged 'middle age' problem of an abscess on my butt. I manager to avoid this and fulfil the valuable role of 'bag holder' and official photographer instead of scaring the living daylights out of myself. So proud of Lucy, who really struggled and got a credible half way round. I am not sure she wants to go back though!. Amy soldiered on, despite her fears too and successfully completed the course. Makes me a bit of a wuss really, but my heart rate did not reach the dizzy heights of that of Mrs Hammond and I continue to wind down and feel very relaxed this weekend. I needed this time with family and friends and it was a great day out, followed by a sleep over too. Easter Sunday started with a cooked breakfast under the newly decorated family outside shack, dog walking, more delicious food at Libby's, Meg's first dip in a river and an espresso in the Hammock! I have not eaten a scrap of chocolate. The weekend also had some unprecedented footballing exhilaration, on my Friday date night with Looby Chick and an amazing ninety-seven minute equalising goal. Great stuff, pure joy and really enjoyed this time with my girl! Happy Easter Hammonds! xx

No comments: