Tuesday 18 June 2019

Sarcasm and pride are layered throughout the Hammond house!

Father's day went in a flash this weekend of catching up with work, tired children after a long week at school and some not so nice weather. I got some lovely gifts from the girls, although I am truly not sure they had much to do with the purchase of them! Both girls made me a lovely hand made card. Lucy's being hilarious, sarcastic and competitive, Anna's being solely focused for some reason on me eating all the time! I am grateful for the love they show me, although intermittent at times if they can't drag themselves away from devices! Lucy won't allow me to take any photos of her at present and Anna begrudgingly obliges, so no photo of my eldest. Pictured left is Anna holding her Manager's 'Player of the season' trophy, that she picked up again this year, it's becoming quite a habit. I confess to tears in my eyes as she received it and real pride in her efforts, heart and a real pleasure to witness some of the amazing saves she has pulled off this year. She dedicated her award to her Grandma - 'would she be proud dad, would she be proud', she said in the car. A resounding 'yes' was the simple answer. She has grown so much as a goal keeper this year, she might need to actually grow a bit more ready for next year or she might just get lobbed quite a bit!!! Lucy continues to quietly excel at school, getting the equivalent of an 'A' grade GCSE in her recent history assessment. A great achievement! This makes me beam with pride as this was my favourite subject at school and I would love her to go on and choose this for GSCE. I say again, soon she will be choosing options for GCSE's!!!! Ahh - how old I must be getting to be in the position to say that. Time just keeps on going and going. The girls have kindly granted me a stay of execution and the age limit for 'pre-elderly' juice has been risen to forty-seven, two more years to go!

No comments: