Thursday 27 June 2019

She may have been right....

Amy was right; having Meg is hugely positive for my well being. I love the walks we go for and this time with her. I'm stupidly fond of her already only after having her for a few months. With the recent horrific weather and constant rain, I really missed that hour in the woods and the exercise. Keep this up and I will be a shadow of my former self. A dog is a integral part of any family and just as important as any human. Meg is lovely, she is giving, playful and so very loving. She doesn't always do as she is told, but this is no different to any of the women or little ladies in my life! I love this time, with the breeze on my face, sunshine and surrounded by the beautiful emerging nature in the woods. I wish I could drum up more enthusiasm in the kids to come for the walks, but if I am honest it has become my thing and I don't like to share this time, only with Mrs Hammond! Kids, you are banned! Its time to wash away the day and breathe. I am grateful for the peace that walking with Meg brings me. Yesterday's walk was a bit emotional, as Auntie's gravestone will go in soon and it feels like the last thing I will do for her and all a bit final. Grief is a funny thing, it creeps up on you and hits you on the back like a wave, it certainly came up on me yesterday when I least suspected it. I was grateful it was just me and Meg in the woods on our own, to give me time to get myself together. Anna's birthday in a few days and can't wait to share the wonderful gifts she has got with her. She's going to be one Lucky girl!

No comments: