Sunday 19 January 2020

Blink and you could miss it!

My girls are growing up, they are growing up too fast for my liking. It is a case of blink and you could miss it. Lucy summed this up in one incredulous sentence yesterday - 'next year Anna will be a teenager and I'll be sixteen'. She topped this off with comedy sarcastic statement about how old and boring I was!! They are finding their way, learning about themselves and on the brink of becoming women. I am proud of the people they are, the potential they have and the girls they are becoming too. They are also a pain in the bum! I hope we are good parents, I hope we are preparing them for an independent, happy and successful life. I had a bit of a panic and started thinking we don't have much time left to teach them as much as possible! Although I have my suspicions they'll still be using us as a base well into their twenties. It's a hard world out there now, the cost of living is ridiculous and a competitive job market. Don't tell the girls, but part of me is ok with them staying at home longer and a different kind of relationship. This period of time with them will never come again (although its going to cost me an arm and a leg!!) I hope this time goes a bit slower because I'm enjoying it aside of the regular hormonal strops! 

No comments: