Friday 27 March 2020

Still hanging in there after day five of isolation...

So the country has gone into lockdown five days ago. We are now only allowed to leave our houses for very specific reasons to go food shopping, collect meds, exercise once a day and then go to work for only essential jobs. Anybody going out must practice 'social distancing' which is two metres apart from each other and no social contact or physical interaction with each other at all. When 2020 arrived I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would be writing something like this today. We are coping fairly well with this as a family and I am proud of the girls in regards to their response. This is really not easy for them to understand and in essence completely interrupts their childhood. We could be doing this for months and months yet. We are all trying to keep busy with the girls doing allocated school work, Amy cooking us wonderful and lovely meals, I am working from home and bringing in what money I can and just taking it day by day. I'm scared out of my wits in visiting a care home and what I could bring back into the house, but my help is needed. There is a breather and some space in the size of our house, the garden and a daily dog walk (poor Meg is exhausted every evening and fast asleep!!). We are so truly lucky and blessed. Norfolk has been showing us its real beauty this week, like Mother Nature knows nothing about what is going on. Sheer beauty in the madness. New decisions and difficult decisions come every day. Its like someone threw away the parental and life manual without leaving further instructions! It is at times very frightening fighting an invisible threat and I worry about Amy, Joan and the girls every day. We have to keep following advice, doing the right things and keep going with a positive attitude and nature. I am loving that life has slowed down a bit though if I am honest. My morning coffee under the shack to reflect in peace and quiet is very important to me. Some good things do come out of a pandemic!! Need to work on the fact that Anna is currently tonking me in the daily cross bar and other challenges we have going on. Opening up a 7-3 lead. I'm just luring you into a false sense of security Wiggle x

No comments: