Sunday 10 May 2020

Eat, sleep and repeat...

Lockdown is so hugely important for ours and the rest of societies well being and health. I have to confess that it is starting to get to me a bit. A combination of feeling penned in, frustration, worry and fear is starting to catch up with me a little bit. I'm finding it hard not to be in 'keep myself busy' mode. I'm especially worried in the context of being a parent and keeping the girls safe. I'm not really sleeping, not really settling down and struggling to take this opportunity to rest. I'm also finding it monotonous too and feel I'm loosing my freedom a bit. I know it is necessary and I have absolutely no just cause to complain. We have what we need, we have a beautiful place to live in, we have each other and we have space. I just can't help the way I feel at the moment and am desperately trying to change my mindset. So I have filled my days with gardening projects, work from home and some visits to homes, long dog walks and generally pacing up and down. Some fun things into the bargain as well. Mine and Anna's football challenge is progressing with new games such as 'football golf' being designed and played. I'm making a slight comeback and currently trailing 41-33 as it stands! We did manage to sort out our lockdown haircut situation with some free clippers coming our way. My hair was expertly cut by Anna and Amy. I was slightly worried as they had a heated debate and argument mid way through in trying to decide what to do with my awkward hair! To say I was slightly petrified was an understatement! I must pull myself together as we have many more weeks and months of this life changing situation to work through yet and I need to stay strong. I will do my best and try not to let my fears rule my head and my heart. Take one day at a time, enjoy this time of peace and quiet with Amy and the girls and push on through.....

No comments: