Sunday 17 May 2020

The smug face of a teenager....

Never take on someone who is an emerging master with their craft. Lucy has such a great memory for something she is really interested in and she wiped the floor with me on a Harry Potter trivia quiz. To be honest with you, I never had a chance or a prayer!!! The upside of this, aside of the deep humiliation I suffered and believe me it was extreme, was that I got to spend some time with her which is rare. We still have the challenge of getting her to come out of her room and in teenage fashion her stark reply is 'I don't like people!' If it gets her out and I spend some time with my lovely girl in this time where we can, then I'll take a tonking and ritual humiliation every day! Yesterday, I helped her tidy her room and after the initial levels of disgust I felt and agitation at her slob like ways, I really did enjoy her company, chatting and doing something together. More please Lucy, more of your time please. I really love you and being with you x 

No comments: