Wednesday 28 May 2008

It's those little things...

Being a working parent can be so frustrating - whether you are a mum or a dad, especially if you work long hours. Days can go by and you barely see the little one. You feel like you are missing out on so much and one day you come home and your child says 'Daddy is here' - with a look of surprise on her face or she is doing something you didn't know she could do and my wife says to me - she's been doing that for weeks. Sometimes with a job like mine - running a twenty four hour a day care home, it's really frustrating not being able to have time for your family and you feel like you let them down or simply miss out on things. Lucy picks up on me not being here as well, some evenings when I get home, she simply will not do what I ask her to do, it's probably nothing personal, it's simply that she is her mother's daughter! Children need consistency especially around how they are asked to do something and if you don't see how mum is asking her because you are at work, you can just fall flat on you face and the child does not respond. Believe me for the last two evenings Lucy has not responded! Never the less I will persevere and maybe tomorrow will bring good results and my daughter will do as I say. Now that will be a first for this week. Despite this I will celebrate this post with a picture of Lucy simply because I can! I tried to upload a video of Lucy onto the blog tonight, but either my technical ability or the computer let me down. A shame really because there was a choice of Lucy droning the theme tune to Bob The Builder in the bath or counting whilst jumping off the sofa! Never mind will try again another day.......

No comments: