Saturday 31 May 2008

Two go down the garden!

I spent a delightful hour with Lucy in the garden today. She was happy, infectiously giggly and a pleasure to be with. We bounced, we danced, we ran, we tickled and giggled, we sang (badly), we chased the cats (I'm not a cat lover), we cuddled and we generally prated about. It was a true bonding experience. The best bit of all was lying on the grass face to face and chatting. Obviously I was talking to a two and a half year old, so we were not talking about Tolstoy, however she chortled away about nothing much, but it was magical. Something I really look forward to experiencing with baby number two. My wife has spoken by the way - the new baby will be called Anna Kate if it is a girl. Once my wife makes up her mind, it is pointless putting up any resistance.
Great news on the Pingu front. I may have lost the battle the other day, but don't count me out of the war. Lucy has progressed to 'Toy Story' - a classic film. I am so glad that she finally shares her dad's love of film.
Amy bought a wonderful new book for Lucy the other day. It's called 'I am going to be a big sister'. We are slowly getting her used to the idea of having a baby in the house. At the moment she is putting nappies, bibs and assorted baby things on rabbit. I feel sorry for the little guy because he keeps having to wear pink, if I were him my self-esteem would have hit an all time low!

No comments: