Friday 27 June 2008

A contrasting day....

It has been a day of worry for my wife and I. She had what she thought was contractions over night. I slept through the lot, fat lot of use I am. None since. My wife when to the doctors today and discovered the baby is back to back (or OP to use the medical term). This is the most painful way of giving birth. We are both worried and I know I'm not looking forward to seeing her go through that again. Lucy was OP and it was not good. Maybe the baby will turn. This has got me thinking. Isn't it nice that we can give our children the gift of not having adult worries, shield them from harm and ensure that it is a good few years before they have these concerns and an idea of adult consequences to situations. I am worried. It is up to me to look after Lucy this weekend and make sure she does not pick up on the fact that we are both anxious and concerned. I know I can do this for her.
Lucy has had a better day than her parents. She has her first pet. We have affectionately called him Mr Snail. He has his own ice cream tub, complete with vegetation and lovely sea views. When I arrived home she had him on the living room table and was guarding him with her life. At one point telling me to shush, snail is asleep! My wife brought Lucy to the Care Home where I work today and I have to say she enchanted everyone in the lounge and I was so proud. Lucy, having undertaken seven years of medical school and purchased a £1.99 doctors set from Woollies is now telling me she is qualified to check my knee and strangely my bottom are not poorly with her stethoscope!

No comments: