Friday 25 July 2008

Daddy I've had a wee wee!

I sat Lucy on the toilet before her bath again today. I thought that it would be yet another fruitless attempt of constant praise and no reward. We have been at this for months and she has not used the toilet successfully yet. I walked away and Lucy said 'Daddy I have had a wee wee'. I am afraid that I braced myself for the usual disappointment, I picked Lucy up and much to my delight she had really passed urine on the toilet. Cue much joy, jumping, cuddles, praise and shouting 'yea'. You would have thought she had just won the Olympics. I was ecstatic! I know we have not cracked it, but it is a start and represents a result for months of effort and bribery. Do you know that could be a very good way to sum up parenting - effort and bribery. Anna as you can see was over the moon. Lucy celebrated with mass phone calls to family members and proudly told them about her triumph. I am so proud of her. I can't take credit for it though, Amy has put in all the hard graft. It's a shame that she could not have been the parent to find that she had finally cracked it. There will be many more potty triumphs for us to both enjoy, we haven't even got to wiping bottoms!

No comments: