Saturday 2 August 2008

I'm on the brink and then she woke me up!

The adult section of family Hammond is bloody knackered today. Mainly due to a pint size person named Anna Hammond who simply would not go to sleep! This week since my last post has not been good. I have busy at work, Amy has put her back out and is really struggling to lift the girls and when Anna has been awake she has screamed for three days solid. At times she has been inconsolable. She has been doing her bright red faced angry thing. Nothing has helped and it has been very frustrating. Mother nature certainly knew what she was doing when she invented the cry, it certainly does the job! She didn't bargain on the individual baby simply overusing it. I find myself boiling up inside, because I hate situations that I can't change or control. This I think is my weakest element of my parenting skills. Who said parenting was going to be easy! I know with a bit of perseverance we will get there. It is hard to be positive at 3am when you have been awake for hours. I want to help Amy, but when all Anna wants is the breast. I am afraid that's when I get a bit stuck there! Today is my birthday, so we will see what the day brings. Lesson in life - never take holiday from your job during the same week as me and pray you don't share a birthday with me, it always rains and rains and rains.
Anna has been very calm all day. I simply do not get it! Aah! She has relaxed on her play mat awake and barley uttered a whimper. I am at a loss and cannot explain it. Never mind. As you can see the girls have been bonding. I think now is a perfect opportunity to issue a public apology to both of them that they look like me....

No comments: