Tuesday 5 August 2008

It actually works!!!

So far this week, the naughty corner has worked it's magic. Lucy detests it and is learning a little day by day that there are socially acceptable ways of behaving. It really is having a positive affect. In several days, the system of warning her three times has had an impact. Previously Lucy would look at me with a 'do you want to dance with the devil' look and at the moment you can really see that she is thinking twice before she does something she shouldn't. The power dynamic has shifted and I am winning the war. I have to say this appears to only be my battle. As Amy pointed out calmly over dinner this evening, it's only me that has to use the naughty corner. Lucy and I have that kind of relationship and previously I have reacted in a way that probably left Lucy hungry for more attention. She is a bright little one and knows exactly which buttons to press and I stupidly take the bait.
This morning I popped her in the car seat, she patted me on the head and simply said 'Good boy daddy, close the door, have you got your bag for work?' and another gem this evening she told me that she would 'be back in a jiffy'. Where does she get these phrases from!! Amy and I picked her up from nursery today and it was lovely to see that she looked so calm and relaxed. I do worry about how her days go without either Amy or myself. Listen to me, what will I be like when she goes to school....that's a little way off yet though, so no need for immediate panic.

No comments: