Tuesday 30 September 2008

A bad day in parenting land...

Poor Looby. I'm gutted. We had an accident today and I feel so guilty. I was making Amy and I coffee this morning and Lucy crept up on me and tried to get an apple of the work surface thereby dragging a very hot coffee onto her arm. She has a nasty burn, which, thankfully, is not blistered.
Being a parent means you take responsibility for a little one's safety and accident or not, you can't help feeling it. The worst thing is being involved in hurting your child. I have spent the day feeling morose and worried about her.
Looby, on the other hand, proudly told everybody at nursery about her injury, the ice pack mummy put on it, the cream we applied and as usual took it in her stride and hardly seems bothered at all. The greater the knowledge of the world the worse you feel. I could do with some of Looby's innocence and outlook on the world when times get tough.
Still feels like big brother in my house - day 56 and Lucy has still not pooed on the potty! Stubborn little minx!

No comments: