Saturday 27 September 2008

Daddy's taking us to the zoo tomorrow, we can go all day!

After last week's non event of a trip to the zoo, we are going to give it another go tomorrow and I can't wait! The forecast is good and a day out with my girls is just what the doctor ordered. It has been another week when I haven't seen much of Amy and the girls, but the time we have had has been lovely. On Wednesday we buried the girl's great grandmother, Sylvia, and despite it being an obviously sad day it was a joy to watch Lucy and her cousins run around for the afternoon. Sylvia would have loved it and it shows the amazing legacy she has left behind. I have never been to a funeral service that had so many children attending and they added to the celebration of life. Evie pointed out 'the vicar was wearing a dress!' and Lucy simply stated 'Shush, daddy, the man is talking!' You couldn't have scripted it any better.
Anna has continued to go from strength to strength and is still sleeping through the night. I wish I was! Lucy continues to frustrate and refuses to poo on the potty. I will break her, but I have no idea how. Lucy never does anything until she is ready and I don't think I will ever be able to force her to do anything. She has a strong will (just like her mummy AND daddy!) I think that is part of the magic of the relationship we have evolved, that we do battle about issues and it makes us stronger and we understand each other better. Or maybe we are just as stubborn as each other. Anyway I can't wait for our day out at the zoo. There will be much pictorial evidence.

No comments: