Thursday 4 December 2008

Girl power!

The Hammond girls are bonding and I know that sooner or later all these women are going to begin ganging up on me! God help me. In all seriousness Anna adores Lucy despite the simple fact that Lucy spends half her time poking and prodding her little sister. Lucy is really getting into girl power - she is fond of singing quotes from current songs such as 'here come the girls' OR 'does he wash up, does he brush up, girl that boy does nothing!' The latter she enjoys singing and then pointing to her daddy, an act that is particularly hurtful as I do most of the housework. Lucy is into rewarding people with stickers and stars this week and if I do something such as get the wood in for the fire I am greeted with a vaguely patronising statement such as 'that's brilliant, well done daddy, have a sticker!' Who is teaching who about the value of contributing in your household? Last week I was using the system of stickers for rewarding Lucy with helping in the house, how the tables have turned. Girl power is taking over my house.....

No comments: