Wednesday 10 December 2008

The incredible potty user!

We have been struggling for weeks to attempt to get Lucy to use the potty to have a poo, but to no avail. I have to say we are loosing the battle miserably. So on the off chance Amy decided to start Anna off early by sitting her on the potty. She is no even sitting up yet! Despite this at the tender age of five months old she managed a little pee. Cue much celebration! I know it was coincidence but let me have my moment of joy. We have got so desperate with Lucy we have even tried a present that Santa has given us to give to Lucy if she poos on the toilet. We have made dummy and fake phone calls from Santa encouraging her and you guessed it, I am being Santa. There are some parenting days that I have no dignity what so ever! Anna is so close to giggling and it looks frustratingly that Lucy may be the first person to crack her, she was tickling her this evening and the lovely sound we are all waiting for was nearly articulated. I am so excited to hear Anna's voice and hearing her giggle would be that first step...

No comments: