Thursday 14 May 2009

For some reason I am starting to feel old...

In a month or so Anna will be one and I am not sure where the time has gone. She is really coming on, her character is emerging in recent weeks. She seems to be a fun loving and patient young lady who loves playing and is able to entertain herself, although she has not become a toddler yet! She simply adores the freedom of crawling around and even made it up the stairs on her own the other day after we accidentally left the stair gate open. She is everywhere and you need eyes and ears in the back of your head! I do have a nagging doubt that we have spawned two very 'busy' children and I am doomed to a life of servitude and running around and that's just after my wife! At the moment I feel knackered and these thirty something bones feel a bit weary. For some reason though, it feels like a nice knackered. As I am writing it is very early in the morning and Lucy could not sleep, so we came downstairs - she informs me that 'she is not happy,I am not sharing and I am a silly sausage'. Ah, the joy of the egocentric toddler. I can't think where she gets these phrases from! Who cares - despite the length of a parenting day and the fact it never stops, I am so happy and proud of my girls. Landmarks like a first birthday make me feel older, maybe wiser (?), but they are always something to savour and enjoy and they just keep coming and bringing me and my girls new experiences. It is a joy to be a part of.

No comments: