Sunday 10 May 2009

The gentle art of putting together a sentence..

Lucy is now making attempts to put together complex sentences and there have been some interesting results this week. Coupled with an ever increasing imagination she can come out with some strange things that only serve to confuse me further. She has an instant assumption that we are all on her wave length and sometimes that could not be further from the truth! For example: 'Daddy, flies can't get out of the toilet - can they?' Instead of good morning yesterday that was the first thing she said to me. Anybody who can work that out and what she was thinking about you are welcome to all my riches. Or the confusing 'Please I may not have Cbeebies off or on?'. These different stances on the English language tend to come at times or excitement and are always followed by a wry smile and an 'oh!'. Anna is also getting to grips with our mother tongue, she has mastered 'Mama', I say that with a deep routed jealousy. Versions of 'Dadda' are being worked on with much enthusiasm and I do hope will follow shortly. She is verbalising constantly, regrettably none of it makes sense yet!

No comments: