Tuesday 7 July 2009

The one with the mouse in the toilet..

A strange and curious thing happened to me this morning. I got up at 6ish, popped the kettle on to make the Mrs a cup of tea and plodded off to have a wee. As I relieved myself, I noticed a surprising addition to the toilet bowl in the guise of a dead mouse! Anyway I will now get to the parental point! This week Lucy has become obsessed by death, she is so curious and we try to explain a basic version of a few things, I had to put my foot in it by telling her I found the mouse and off we went. A twenty minute conversation then ensued, and the more I discussed it, the worse it got. As a parent you try to answer questions as honestly as possible without upsetting one so small. The more fluffy bunny I got, the more blunt Lucy became! Lucy tells me that dead people live in the ground and after I panicked heaven is a warm place where people wear their favourite knickers and shorts. Based on all this I finally stopped the conversation. Damn the cat and damn that mouse! I have reached new heights as a parent this week and have stamped my foot down with Anna and her wish to be downstairs until late in the evening and so far it has worked. We have now had three evenings to ourselves and I am in heaven with my favourite underpants on wearing my shorts!

No comments: