Thursday 31 December 2009

Another family year roles by...

No picture to go with my last post of the year. There is simply no need to make a comical statement with a humorous picture attached. Another year in the life of my fledgling family goes by and it has been nothing short of amazing. As a father and a husband this year I have experienced every single emotion possible - positive and negative, happiness and sadness, thrill and worry - the list goes on, but every experience is shaping me on this journey and ride that I don't ever want to get off. The most amazing part is the pure and simple unconditional love I feel and receive from my girls. My family completes me. The job I do to fill my day-to-day life is bonded by my family and the wish that they will always be proud of me. To coin a phrase from the amazing film 'Love actually', 'whenever I feel gloomy about the state of the world...' I don't think about the departure lounge at Heathrow, I think about my girls and my wife and what they mean to me and how they make me feel. So here's to my girls. Happy new year to all three of you. I love you dearly and can't wait for the ride to continue next year. Every day I learn so much about myself and understand what it is really important, just by being your dad and your husband...

No comments: