Sunday 11 July 2010

Biker girls!

The incredible Hammond girls are going great guns in the bike riding stakes! Anna, not to be undone by her big sister, has taken to the two wheeled variety of transport like a duck out of water, with a little bit of help from her daddy. Anna is more of an expert on her tricycle, but I am unable to provide photographic evidence as it would be indecent as she has taken to naked riding in the last few days! There is nothing like embracing the joys of a lovely summer day. Lucy continues to just get better and better at riding her bike without stabilisers, what I am really impressed with is her awareness of what is going on around her. Her complete and utter refusal to use her breaks is something that we will have to work on in the next few weeks. The only reason she won't use them is because it involves somebody showing her what to do and I have no idea where she gets that personality trait from at all! It is a constant source of amazement to me how quickly children learn new things; if I have to tackle something new these days it fills me me with dread and I rationalise every reason possible not to do it. Childhood is so simple and with no fear. Fantastic..


No comments: