Thursday 26 August 2010

The Amazing big sister and the creepy crawlies!

I am now on holiday and true to form it is once again it is chucking it down. Always happens when the family Hammond get together for some holiday time. So today we took sanctuary in Planet Zoom in Dereham. Oh my god - the place is a parental nightmare. Firstly every other parent in Norfolk had the same idea as us and we had to share the space with around one hundred manic children of all shapes, sizes and ages. Anna (still mad as a hatter!) ran around like a maniac having a whale of a time and putting the fear of god into me every time she bumped off a large child. As I and Amy are too large to get into the climbing frames and slides Lucy was amazing in standing up for, protecting and looking after her little sister. I was very proud of her and she managed to keep Wiggle safe for a whole hour and twenty minutes. My heart nearly stopped about ten times and it took me about half an hour to regain my hearing, but never mind! Just a small warning for anybody who has come in contact with Lucy in the last week or so, Amy had to remove a large group of creepy crawlies from her hair yesterday in the form of nits. We are all ok, but the sympathetic itching and scratching that is going on is prolific! Today the heated hair straighteners came out and burnt the little critters, they have also been treated...urrgghh. I can feel myself shuddering as I type!

No comments: