Sunday 19 June 2011

Another father's day roles by....

The girls rose very early today at 6am, however I was granted a delightful father's day lie in and stumbled out of my bed at 8am. This is a rarity and I did not want to get out of my warm pit. However, Anna had different ideas - she wanted to help mummy peel the vegetables for today's lunch and Amy had quite rightly declined her. Anna mounted one of her most audible strops in recent weeks and stomped up the stairs emotionally declaring her mother a 'liar' and 'not her friend anymore', and then the day begun. Excited by the arrival of Granny and Grandpa for a family meal, the girls levels of excitement and noise just grew and grew as the morning went on, as did my headache. Lucy was, for once far more bonkers than her sister. The noise levels finally dulled as the afternoon went on and with a full belly of Roast beef, apple cake and biscuits and cheese the grown ups settled down for some snoring (thank you, Granny), playing 'scaredy cat' and a chilled out afternoon. The rain has not helped in the last few days leaving the girls stuck indoors and needing to break free, however they were in good yet loud form today and I completed another father's day based on simplicity and family time. Thank you for my lovely cards and watch girls. Father's day still remains a new and slightly alien experience to me, but one I could really get used to....

No comments: