Tuesday 14 June 2011

A changing wind in my house...

The girls have been superstars since the weekend. All seems forgiven at present and both girls have been of good humour, empathy for their father and so far we have a strop free zone this week. Having been struck down by a stomach bug since Sunday they have asked me how I am, tried to look after me, insisted I have peace and quiet and generally looked after their old man. Thank you girls. Not all of their empathy has filled me with joy though. Anna has continually told me of her experiences in being sick and Lucy has retold us several tales of her exploits of where she has been sick in the house and it's various colours. I know that they are only trying to be helpful, but sometimes?! On a similar subject Lucy very ably looked after 'Charlie Chimp' from school at the weekend and did a great bit of writing to take back to school on Monday. As you can see Charlie looked pretty happy being under the hospitality of the family Hammond. Lucy came home today beaming as she had to see the headteacher and take her excellent writing to show her. She even got a sticker! Anna is taking a strange tact in looking after her toys by shoving them in her rucksack overnight and letting them spend the night in there. Florence Nightingale she ain't. 'Lala the Teletubby' must have a really bad back today after a night in that cramped space! Please see picture attached as she takes 'baby Jack' for a bit of a cramped spin on her balance bike! I suppose it's all part of the learning process in looking after others. I am just glad that Anna did not shove me in her rucksack overnight....

No comments: