Sunday 14 August 2011

Time's up and I feel quite down in the dumps...

My holiday is now officially over and as tiring, bonkers, busy and stubborn as my girls are (that includes Amy!), I feel really low that my two weeks with them has come to an end and I must return to the daily grind of work. I love my work very much, but it will never compare to time with my family and the love I feel for them. We haven't done anything spectacular, but simply spent time together. Amy and the girls are going camping tomorrow and I will not see them for a few days and I can already feel that sinking feeling in my stomach that I am not spending time with them. I will have plenty to keep me busy with work though! Thanks for a lovely break girls and I will see you in October half term. This is me being sarcastic, but if things go according to plan in the next week or so, I am going to become even busier at work and that statement may not be too far from the truth! My holiday blogging does finish with a great quote from last night as the girls innocently sang 'Daddy is a slapper! Daddy is a slapper!' This stemmed from a conversation with our neighbour Libby about misspent youth that the girls were not supposed to hear. Shame on you Libby, I have relied on you as moral guidance for my children and you have severely mislead them about their father! Thank heavens we managed to push the conversation towards the fact that I am an excellent slapper of wasps with a newspaper, not any other context! Intelligent, creative and skilled parental deflection was put into play to great success...

No comments: