Sunday 29 January 2012

I'm telling on you!

I have been waiting for this phrase to rear it's ugly head as the sibling dynamics in my house evolve as each day goes on within our family life. Please do not get me wrong, Lucy and Anna adore each other, but they do like a good scrap and fight like cats and dogs at times. This usually happens after a bit of rough and tumble and one of them gets hurt by a whack in the face. This happened today and Lucy ran into the kitchen uttering those cursed words 'I'm telling on you!'. Anna ran in shortly after, uttering the same words, having very quickly picked up on the phrase used by her big sister.

Living with all these women, I do feel that my role will regularly take the guise of peacemaker and referee of arguments. Any day now the door slamming will begin, I already have much experience of the 'it's not fair' tactic. Fear not, I am a skilled listener and negotiator of female arguments ...

No comments: