Sunday 5 February 2012

Slotting back into family life...

Has been very difficult this weekend. I have had a running battle with both the girls who have literally not listened to word I have said or done anything they have been asked to do. Their attitude to me has been as cold as the weather. I think they find it very hard when I have been away for the whole week with work and it is almost like I am invading their space and their routine. I have had rudeness, whinging, whining, ignoring, refusal, tears, tantrums and stubborn behaviour. I can't work out whether it is me or them, but I do know it has been a struggle. I had a very warm welcome upon my return and in minutes it went down hill from there. It has finished with me sending them to bed early due to further rudeness. I feel very frustrated, angry, upset and let down that I have not been able to utilise the time I have had with them. Sometimes, time away really does have such a negative impact. Family life can be about routine and familiarity and recently I have not been part of that and it has showed...

No comments: