Sunday 19 February 2012

Snowdrops and sunshine...

We had a lovely walk in the crisp February air in glorious sunshine with our neighbours amongst the Walsingham snowdrops. Good family time and a perfect finish to the half term fun. Our annual game of pooh sticks in which I managed to get my stick to go against the tide the wrong way! I have a competitive nature and I do not like losing. Some stick man antics, good company, making wishes in the well and finished up in the pub for a plate of chips. I was slightly out of my depth as Lucy asked for a potted history of Henry VIII and the disillusion of the monasteries. It has been a while since I have indulged in anything academic (about twenty years) and I have to confess to being slightly inaccurate in my description of events. So many questions and not enough answers. Lucy is so interested in the past, maybe I need to brush up on 1066 and all that. It may not sound like much or very exciting but it was just what I needed before I am away from Amy and the girls again this week...

No comments: