Saturday 10 March 2012

Chaos, groovy tunes and ice cream galore...

Amy is slowly on the mend (despite her dissatisfaction with the quality of care she has received based on the fact that I have not made her enough cups of tea) and I think that I have done a pretty good job of holding the family Hammond together while its matriarch recuperates. Well not really! I have disrupted the girls' routines, fed them at the wrong time, given them way too much ice cream, introduced them to rock music such as Elbow, the Pogues and Coldplay, encouraged behaviour such as hill rolling and skipping bath time to watch telly. Actually it's been quite a good week with not too many rows and I even got Lucy to do her reading. I will hand the parenting back to Amy mid next week, having learnt an extra trick or two and how to heat up a spaghetti bolognaise. At least they have not starved, had some fun with their old Dad and did not pull the wool over my eyes with the constant use of the phrase 'Well Mummy lets us....'

No comments: