Monday 5 March 2012

Mummy goes under knife!

Amy is in hospital today parting ways with her irritating gall bladder and I am at home with the girls in charge! Operation 'get rid of unwanted wind' went well at the hospital, as did operation 'explain a new set of circumstances' to the girls. They have both been confused and worried about what is happening to Amy, so I came across a stroke of genius and out came the pretend doctors kit. The girls performed an operation on me on the living room floor. I have to say I have more faith in the skilled surgeons who have helped Amy today and considerably less in the amateur butchers that I have been exposed to this evening. The NHS is really going down hill in this country! I have had an operation on my brain, leg, nose and belly button and I don't feel at all better.

It has been a day of real worry and waiting and I am glad it is over. Get well soon Mrs Hammond, the girls cannot wait to see you. We love you very much. Coming home soon for a week or two of pampering Hammond style...

No comments: