Saturday 4 August 2012

And then the heavens opened....

There I was cappuccino in hand, sun streaming down on me on St Ives beach with my feet buried in the sand. I was surveying the iconic sand castle that Lucy and I had just built and drinking in a wonderful experience when it happened, the heavens well and truly opened. Boy did we get wet. A shame because the rain just burst my bubble as dozens of families legged it to find shelter, including us. It was a picture of chaos as buckets, spades, picnic blankets and various inflatables were grabbed in the mayhem. I felt so far removed from the stresses and strains of day to day life and was so content to be there all day and just simply watch the girls play. The girls have spent so much time together away from the television, school and nursery as well as strict routines and have really reaffirmed their bond as sisters. Playing, giggling and letting their imaginations run wild in their new surroundings and environment. To add balance there has been a few fights too! 

No comments: