Sunday 1 February 2015

After the mayhem a parent simply needs to relax...

This morning I was a man in need of refuge, calm and solace. So off I trotted down to the bistro for a calming coffee and the sports section of the Sunday newspaper. Why you may ask? I was recovering from the parental experience that was 'the sleepover'. Five children, one house, fish and chips, dressing up, TV time, a argumentative game of monopoly, a very long Harry Potter re-enactment, Shopkins trading and a very early start to the day this morning as Lucy and her friends woke at 4.45am! It has been quite a busy week with work, childcare related problems and a vast array of club commitments. I suppose I was probably in need of rest rather than five excitable children. All three of our guests were fabulously behaved and a real credit to their parents, however children are just naturally loud and excitable. My heart did sink slightly as I entered my living room last night to discover there was no room in the inn with children all over the floor and chairs under blankets chilling out! Will need a few weeks to recover first before we reconsider another sleep over...

No comments: