Thursday 10 September 2015

It's never too cold for an ice cream!

I have not yet had time this week to reflect on the lovely day I spent in charge of our feral children last Saturday whilst Amy spent some quality time with her folks and family. Hand on heart, I can't say it started that well with both girls bordering on killing each other in an argument, but after I used my peace keeping skills the day settled down. In spite of the freezing cold weather and spells of lashing it down we trekked off to Wells and spent some really good time together prating around in playland, blowing quite a few pennies in the arcades, buying seaside tat and of course eating the obligatory ice cream. I know that I am frequently very soppy in my thoughts of family life, but I remember walking in the rain with a each girl holding my hand, thinking how lucky I was and I would quite happily have pressed the pause button and was content beyond words. P.S both girls have made such a positive start to the new school term with the house points and rewards flowing. Looking forward to this weekend and more family time (after the football of course)...

No comments: