Sunday 8 November 2015

Lest we forget....

This weekend I have had much cause to be very proud of both the girls. Lucy carried the standard for the Brownies in the remembrance parade in our home town today. I found the experience of watching her quite an emotional one. I have not served in the armed forces, but having had the privilege of caring for several World War two veterans in my career; I cannot do anything but stop and reflect on the courage they displayed to give my family the life of peace and opportunity we have today, so I am very pleased that Lucy took part with enthusiasm, respect and understanding. Anna has had her own battles this weekend and come through the other side with real dignity and a positive nature. On Saturday she made her debut for the Fakenham under 8's second team and they were on the receiving end of quite a beating in a 26-0 score line!  Whilst Amy witnessed the carnage in the rain and I did not see this game, I really feel for Anna. This is quite a life lesson to learn for one so young and a pretty harsh one at that! I am amazed and very proud of her determination to make sure next weeks game the team improves and does better. Real fighting spirit Wiggle!

No comments: