Thursday 5 November 2015

What a whopper!

A bracing Sunday walk on West Runton beach brought Lucy the most fantastic of rewards - she is the first Hammond or person I have ever known in fact to find a whole Belemnite fossil embedded in a large flint. The downside was supporting her to carry it all the way to Cromer. My past is definitely coming back to haunt me after all those times I made Grandma carry rocks and fossils for years all over the country on family holidays! Well chuffed Lucy. Anna seems to be calming down in the last week and we have much less argumentative behaviour under very clear boundaries. I do not want to tempt fate but she might be getting it! She said something wonderful to Amy a couple of days ago that showed her lovely caring nature. 'Mum if something happens to you - I will give you imagination hugs'. Nothing is wrong with Mrs Hammond thankfully, so I am not sure where that level of insight and emotion came from, but you have got to love our Anna! 

No comments: