Saturday 24 December 2016

It's all in the anticipation...

I am really excited, Amy is a bit tired and building towards finding her Christmas mojo and the girls have moved to 'defcon five' levels of excitement. They have just taken themselves off to bed, quite early in fact, perhaps in a bid to almost blast themselves across the finish line into Christmas day and the hope of much swag and gifts. Christmas is a time to spend with loved ones and friends. I can barley move (or even type I have eaten that much) after a delicious and sumptuous feast next door of roast chicken, fourteen types of vegetables and a pineapple 'upside-down-cake' to die for. Whilst the food was wonderful, the company even better and time with my family, Libby and her crew has catapulted me into the Christmas spirit and beyond.  Singing, dodgy jokes and party hats and time with people I love. For me this is the spirit of Christmas and really and truthfully the gifts don't really matter that much. The girls would definitely argue with that theory though! The best gift I receive is watching them open their presents in the morning and one I am truly looking forward to unwrapping. On another note Christmas Eve is a special day in my life and I celebrate my 'foster' birthday and the day I arrived all those years ago at Berry Hall into the care of a new family. I suppose you could describe that as one of the most pivotal and important days in my life as it set me down the path and the journey towards Amy and the girls and one for which I am eternally grateful. Sleep well my bonkers girls xx

No comments: